My sweet potato black bean bowls are the ultimate vegetarian comfort food – served with avocado, spinach, lime, natural yoghurt and soft tacos, they will have you wanting a second helping!
My sweet potato black bean bowls are full of flavour and super easy to pull together. The sweet potato is roasted to bring out the sweetness and has a hint of chilli to pack a punch. Black beans and avocado add gorgeous colour and texture, with lime and coriander adding a flavour kick. I love to serve my sweet potato and black bean bowls with grated cheese, natural yoghurt and some soft tacos.
This dish is great to serve for vegetarian guests or for a break from meat for a night! If you really must have meat I recommend stir frying some beef strips which combine well with the sweet potato and black bean flavours.
Why not check out my other dishes perfect to serve your vegetarian guests:
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN BOWLS
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 avocado peeled and cubed
- 1 can black beans drained
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 8 soft tacos
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place sweet potato, chilli flakes and olive oil on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Cook in oven for 35 - 40 minutes or until sweet potato is browned.
- Combine sweet potato with avocado and black beans. Add lime juice, coriander and salt and pepper and stir gently to combine.
- Place spinach in bowls and top with sweet potato mixture before adding cheese, yoghurt and soft tacos.