Do you like the idea of coming home to a delicious meal that tastes like someone has been slaving away in the kitchen all day? Well you don’t need a personal chef, all you need is my recipe for slow cooker Moroccan Lamb!
I just love using my slow cooker to create meals with an intense flavour but with barely any hard work. My slow cooker Moroccan lamb is the perfect meal to put in your slow cooker first thing in the morning , let it cook all day and come home to a meal that is all done and packed full of flavour.
Moroccan food has been one of my favourite cuisines ever since a trip to Morocco with uni friends back in 2006 (geez, 10 year ago!!). We certainly had some awesome experiences on that trip, one of which was riding camels out into the desert and staying overnight in a little Berber camp. We had the most amazing lamb tagine for dinner and I have been trying to create tasty Moroccan meals like that ever since!
With this recipe you need to brown your leg of lamb in a frying pan before putting into the slow cooker with all of the other ingredients. I like to use a half leg of lamb for this slow cooker Moroccan lamb recipe because it means all the meat stays together and you can just pull out the bones at the end. The sauce is tomato based with onions, garlic and spices. The dish has sweet potatoes and prunes for sweetness and is topped with fresh coriander and chopped almonds. I like to serve my slow cooker Moroccan lamb with a drizzle of honey and fluffy couscous of course.
If you have jumped right on the slow cooker bandwagon why not try my slow cooker AIP coconut chicken curry .
What is your favourite thing to make in the slow cooker?
SLOW COOKER MOROCCAN LAMB
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 kg half leg of lamb
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsps salt
- 1 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 2/3 cup seeded prunes
- ½ cup fresh coriander chopped
- ¼ cup whole almonds chopped
- Honey to serve optional
- Couscous to serve
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Brown leg of lamb on all sides to seal the meat.
- Place sweet potato pieces in the slow cooker and place lamb on top.
- Next add onions and garlic.
- Combine dried spices and salt together and sprinkle over lamb.
- Add tomatoes, stock and prunes.
- Cook on the lowest setting for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender. Pull bones carefully out of lamb and use a knife to gently break apart the lamb.
- Cook couscous according to packet directions.
- Spoon Lamb and sauce onto couscous and top with fresh coriander and almond. Drizzle with honey if desired.
Why not pin for later?