This post first appeared over at Eazy Peazy Mealz, where I am a contributor, as Salmon Soba Noodles
Fresh, healthy and packed full of flavor, these Salmon Soba Noodles are a perfect quick and easy weeknight meal.
I have a couple of super healthy, super tasty weeknight recipes I make on high rotation and this is one of my favourites.
My salmon soba noodles have succulent fillets of salmon baked in the oven. The rest of the meal is made stir-fry style with fresh ginger, garlic and a section of fresh vegetables. The sauce is a combination of soy sauce and sweet chili sauce which provides a wonderful flavor kick. The dish is topped with toasted sesame seeds and fresh coriander.
If you have never used soba noodles before I recommend you give them a go – they are gluten free (made with buckwheat flour) and they soak up a tasty stir-fry sauce so well! Oh and did I mention they only take a few minutes to cook? The best way to use soba noodles in a stir-fry is to boil them first for three minutes, then drain and run and cold water. Running under water is essential otherwise your noodles will stick together which results in big clumps of noodles rather than delicate strands. You then add to your stir-fry and stir for 1 minute to soak up your delicious sauce.
You can easily add in additional vegetables suitable for stir-frying such as sweetcorn or broccoli. These salmon soba noodles will make two generous serves with a little bit leftover. This dish is fabulous cold for lunch the next day.
SALMON SOBA NOODLES
- 2 fillets salmon skin off
- 180 g soba noodles
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or oil of your choice
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1 red capsicum deseeded and sliced
- 12 snow peas sliced
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 Tbsps soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander washed and chopped
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Place salmon fillets on a tray lined with baking paper and bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile bring a saucepan full of water to the boil and boil soba noodles for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan or wok.
- Fry onion for 2 minutes before adding ginger and garlic and frying for an additional 1 minute.
- Add red capsicum and snow peas and fry for 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and carrot and stir to combine before adding soba noodles and stirring to ensure noodles are coated well with sauce.
- Roughly chop the salmon pieces and carefully stir into your soba noodles.
- Serve in bowls topped with coriander and sesame seeds.
If you like the sound of soba noodles why not check out my recipe for Green Curry Prawn Soba Noodles?
Or for another speedy healthy weeknight meal check out my recipe for Baked Fish with Tomatoes and Artichokes
Why not pin for later?