A creamy dip bursting with flavour – my onion and sun dried tomato dip is the ultimate party starter!
With the festive season fast upon us I think it is the perfect time to post a fabulous dip recipe you can serve family and friends. This one takes no time at all to whip up. I recommend serving the onion and sun dried tomato dip hot and a great way to do this is inside a cob loaf. You can then eat the dip covered bread at the end! You can easily make this a cold dip is you prefer and put it in a little pot or bowl.
My onion and sun dried tomato dip is made is made with cream cheese and mayonnaise. It has parmesan cheese and basil for extra favour. If you prefer a slightly lighter version you can use light options for the cream cheese and mayonnaise.
ONION AND SUN DRIED TOMATO DIP
- 1/2 brown onion
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tub cream cheese
- 2 Tbsps Whole egg mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 Tbsps chopped basil
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place onion and tomatoes in a food processor and process until finely chopped (you can finely chop onion and sun dried tomatoes by hand if you prefer)
- Stir though cream cheese and mayonnaise then stir through parmesan cheese and basil.
- Place in a hollowed out cob loaf or oven proof dish and bake in oven 15 minutes or until browned on top. Alternately you cans serve the dip cold without baking.