Easy Asian Salmon with stir fried vegetables is the first of a new series of recipes on The Purple Ladle and I am very excited to share it with you.
I have decided it was time to bring a bit of my “real job”of being an occupational therapist to the blog and what better way to do that than create recipes for occupational therapists to use with their clients! The recipes are simple, quick, have limited ingredients and have extra steps to assist with organisation at the beginning of the recipe. Ok, so you may be thinking – that sounds like my kind of weeknight recipe after a long day! Well the recipes are also perfect for people wanting to whip up a quick and fuss-free meal or beginner cooks who are still finding their feet in the kitchen.
This easy Asian salmon combines sweet chilli and oyster sauce which creates a sticky glaze when the salmon is baked in the oven. The same sauce flavours the vegetables and coriander provides a colourful garnish.
On the side
You may like to serve the easy Asian salmon with rice (microwave rice will keep it super easy) or noodles for a heartier meal.
Leftover salmon and vegetables make a wonderfully tasty salad – just combine with some spinach leaves and cherry tomatoes for lunch the next day.
I hope you give this easy Asian salmon a go. I would love to hear from you if you have any suggestions or ideas of simple recipes to create or perhaps advice on how to make the recipes even easier to follow. Just drop me a comment or send me an email: Jayne@thepurpleladle.com
EASY ASIAN SALMON WITH STIR FRIED VEGETABLES
- 2 fillets salmon skin off
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- ½ Zucchini chopped
- 1 small red capsicum deseeded and chopped, bell pepper
- 10 snow peas tips removed
- 2 tsps sunflower oil for stir frying
- 1/2 cup coriander chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Collect all ingredients and place them on the bench.
- You will need a small bowl, teaspoon, baking tray, baking paper, frying pan, wooden spoon and cup measures. Collect all cooking utensils required for this recipe and place them on the bench.
- Prepare all ingredients.
- Place salmon fillets on a baking tray lined with a sheet of baking paper.
- Mix oyster sauce and sweet chilli together in a small bowl. Coat salmon with the 1/2 of the mixture.
- Bake salmon in oven for 15 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.
- Heat sunflower oil in a frying pan over high heat and stir-fry zucchini, capsicum and snow peas for approximately 1 minute.
- Add remaining sauce to the frying pan and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Serve salmon vegetables and on plate and top with coriander.