Simple to make and versatile for both dinner and lunch – my easy tuna patties are healthy and packed full of flavour.
Tuna patties were one of my favourite weeknight meals growing up. We would have them with salad and a big dollop of mayonnaise. I always made sure I got one of the leftover patties to go in a sandwich the next day for lunch.
My easy tuna patties are flavoured with green curry paste and onions. The sweet potato provides wonderful colour, texture and of course flavour. I always buy a good quality can of tuna in either brine or spring water. I like to use panko breadcrumbs to help the patties feel light but any breadcrumbs will do. Sesame seeds give a bit of crunch on the crust of the easy tuna patties.
My easy tuna patties are very versatile – you can serve them with vegetables or a salad for a light and healthy meal or why not try them in a burger or sandwich? I made a super tasty rye bread sandwich with a tuna patty, cheese, spinach and mayonnaise the other night – the ultimate easy dinner that really hit the hunger spot!
If you are loving the versatility of my easy tuna patties why not also check out my Chicken patties.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 425g tin Tuna, drained
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 tsps Thai green curry paste
- ½ cup of bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsps plain flour
- ⅓ cup sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp sunflower oil for frying
- Lemon and coriander to serve (optional)
- Collect all your ingredients and place them on the bench.
- You will need a knife, a teaspoon, a tablespoon, cup measures, a big bowl, a small bowl, a saucepan, a frying pan and a small set of tongs. Place all items on bench.
- Place sweet potato pieces in a saucepan filled with water on your stovetop and bring water to the boil. Boil, uncovered for 15 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft,
- Drain the water from the sweet potatoes. Place in a large bowl and mash with fork.
- Mix with tuna, onion, curry paste, and bread crumbs.
- Shape into 7 or 8 patties round patties.
- Combine flour and sesame seeds in a small bowl. Lightly coat both sides of the patties in flour and seed mix.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and fry patties over medium-high heat for approximately 3-4 minutes each side or until browned
- Serve with lemon wedges and coriander if desired.
Why not Pin for later: